After years of trial and error, the Kobe Match Co, the creators of the Hibi Match, arrived at the perfect mixture of paper fibers, incense, and charcoal to create the perfect strike-on-box incense match. Each one of the Hibi matches lasts for about ten minutes bringing delightful fragrances anywhere you bring the palm-sized box, allowing short aromatherapy sessions for the busy individual. The Harima region of Awaji island has been producing matches and incense for nearly one hundred and fifty years, and the island accounts for nearly 70% of the match production in Japan. The westerly winds through Awaji island create the perfect temperature to dry incense; each fragrance derives from herbs grown by a local incense producer using traditional methods.
Item Description: Box of 30 incense sticks. Each purchase comes with a burning pad for safe burning—approximately 10 minutes of burning time. The scent lingers for about 30 minutes or more.
Care Instructions: Do not strike as if you're lighting a regular match. Incense matches are delicate. Hold the match close to the tip and without burning yourself, strike in a straight line and wait for the flame to reach the incense stick. Once it does, blow out the flame and place it on your mat.
Made In: Japan
- Includes: thirty incense matchsticks and one pad for safe burning
- Burn time: approx. 10 minutes per stick
- Box dimensions: 3" x 2.5" x 1.25"
- Create a fragrant aromatherapeutic atmosphere with Hibi strike-on-box incense matches.
- The box is small enough to carry in your back pocket, allowing you to take it anywhere you go.
- WARNING: Do not strike as if you're lighting a regular match. Always burn matches within sight and place them away from curtains or other flammable materials. Position the pad on a flat, heat-resistant surface.
- WARNING: Keep matches away from children and pets.
- Paper fibers, incense, charcoal